Canadian Citizenship Test Preparation Course
Are you ready to prepare for the Canadian citizenship test? Let us help you! Take part in eight weekly sessions of guided study, led by an experienced Museum educator. The Museum’s Canadian Citizenship Test Preparation Course follows the Discover Canada official study guide published by Citizenship and Immigration Canada.
You will complete practice tests and worksheets throughout the course, with regular opportunities for questions and review. The small class size will allow for individual attention.
The course will cover the following themes:
- Applying for Citizenship
- Rights and Responsibilities
- Who We Are
- Modern Canada
- How Canadians Govern Themselves
- Federal Elections
- Canada’s History, Economy, Symbols, Regions and Justice System
Saturdays, January 9 to February 27, 2016
Windsor Foundation Classroom
English: 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.
French: 9 a.m. to 12 p.m.
There is no cost for this course. The deadline to register is Friday, December 18, 2015 at 5 p.m.
- In order to register, you should have already applied to take your Canadian citizenship test, or anticipate being asked to take the test within one year.
- You should have English or French Canadian Language Benchmark level 4 or higher, or anticipate being at this level before the end of the course.
Complete the registration form and return it to Lena Hardiman at Learn@pier21.ca or by mail at:
Canadian Museum of Immigration at Pier 21
Attention: Lena Hardiman, Education Coordinator
201-1099 chemin Marginal Road
Halifax, NS, B3H 4P7
For more information contact Lena Hardiman, Education Coordinator at Learn@pier21.ca or (902) 425-7770 ext. 274