Partnerships with government departments, universities, and private foundations have led to the development of books, databases of ship profiles and immigration records, research papers, articles, and conference presentations.
Below are a few of our projects:
- 1925 to 1935 Immigration Record Index (Library & Archives Canada)
- 1928 to 1971 Immigration Statistics (PDF 100KB)
- Ship Arrival Database
- Ship Images
- Historica (The Canadian Encyclopedia)
- Canadian Black History Interactive Experience Treasure Hunt.
- Canadian Roots UK (Canadian War Children Of World War Two)
- Canadian Citizenship and Immigration, 1900–1977 (Citizenship
and Immigration Canada)
- The Memory Project (An Educational program designed to connect Veterans and students, online and in classrooms, across Canada.)
- Baltic Refugees, Little Boats, S. S. Walnut, "A Voyage to Freedom"
- Voices of the Holocaust, Oral History Interviews, Galvin Library
- Chris Bennedsen, Scrapbook of a Life in Letters, a virtual exhibit of a Danish Immigrant to Canada (Canadian Museum of Civilization).
- Pier 21: The First 75 Years
- Remembering Pier 2: Halifax's Other Immigrant Gateway (PDF 720KB)
- Lasting Impressions: The Volunteers of Pier 21 (PDF 1.1MB)
- Québec City – The Forgotten Port of Entry By Robert Vineberg (PDF 533KB)
Looking for a specific topic or materials?
Please contact the Research Department.