Education Group Visits
Education Tours are $5.00 per student (includes HST and complimentary admission for chaperones). Available in French and English.
- 30 minute tour of Rudolph Peter Bratty Exhibition Hall
- Ratios of 25 students or less per tour guide
- Students are encouraged to ask questions
- Chaperones are responsible for supervision of students at all times
'Oceans of Hope'
- 30 minute multimedia presentation
- Seating for 103
- Not recommended for children under 5
- Closed Captioning Available (please request closed captioning prior to the start of the film)
- Described Video Available at 2 Stations (please request described video in advance)
- Simultaneous presentation in French and English using headsets (students select language)
- 4 wheelchair accessible stations available (additional accommodations may be possible if requested in advance)
Landed Immigrant Program Students will undergo a 1928-1971 style immigration interview by a costumed staff member. Students receive either a landed immigrant stamp in their Pier 21 passport (provided) or deportation orders. Seven additional stamps representing the stages of immigration are located throughout the museum. Immigrant sample profiles (PDF, 14.5MB) are available. For more information, see our FAQ page.
A number of exciting workshops available in both French and English can be added to the basic tour or done individually. For young students under 5, a workshop can be added in place of ‘Oceans of Hope’. More... Prices (All prices include tax, educators and chaperones supervising the group are free of charge)
|Length of Program||Programming Options||Fee per Student|
|1 Hour||Workshop Only||$4|
|2 Hours||Basic Package or 2 Workshops||$5|
|Each Additional Hour||Additional Workshops||$2 per hour|