We would like to make it easier for educators to teach about immigration and world events in an interesting and exciting way.
We have created a series of lesson plans for download to help educators in their classrooms and also to provide pre and post visit activities to a visit to the Canadian Museum of Immigration at Pier 21 that are relevant and fun.
- Primary, Family Story Time (PDF, 6MB)
- Grade 1, Social Studies Links Lesson (PDF, 280kb)
- Grade 2, Immigration Picture Dictionary (PDF, 880kb)
- Grade 3, We Are The People Of Nova Scotia Art Gallery (PDF, 83kb)
- Grade 3, Social Studies, Warm Fuzzies (PDF, 87kb)
- Grade 4, Exploring Canada Today - Triorama (PDF, 140kb)
- Grade 5, Settlement and Immigration - Colonial French Societies (PDF, 110kb)
- Grade 6, Canada – A Multicultural and Multiracial Mosaic (PDF, 131kb)
- Grade 6, Introduction to World Cultures - Introduction to Stereotypes (PDF, 125kb)
- Grade 8, Social Studies, Decades of Change (PDF, 130kb)
- Grade 8, Geographic Influences - Immigration Posters (PDF, 456kb)
- Grade 8, Decades of Change Guest Speaker WWII Veteran (PDF, 114kb)
- Grade 8, Introduction to Canadian Identity - Mind Maps (PDF, 88kb)
- Grade 8, Reflections on Canadian Identity - What Does It Mean To Be Canadian? (PDF, 90kb)
- 11e année, Histoire du Canada (PDF, 886kb)
Please submit only original, complete lesson plans - please do not submit other's copyrighted works or links to lesson plans contained on other websites. By submitting your lesson plan, you authorize the Canadian Museum of Immigration at Pier 21 to publish your work, with proper attribution, through any electronic or other means.