Welcome Home to Canada
Presented by TD Bank Group
The Canadian Museum of Immigration at Pier 21 continues its tradition of welcoming newcomers to Canada
Since June 2004, the program has helped more than 140 newcomers from 50 countries gain significant Canadian work experience and enhance their employment opportunities.
Over 70% of all WHTC participants obtain meaningful employment or further their education after successfully completing the program.
Finding meaningful work in a new country presents multiple challenges, including non-transferable credentials, lack of Canadian experience and linguistic barriers.
WHTC breaks down employment barriers, creates more career options and increases participants’ confidence, optimism and hope about their
future in Canada.
WHTC Program includes
- 6-month work term at the Canadian Museum of Immigration at Pier21
- external work placement opportunities
- communications in the work place training
- entrepreneurial and job search training
- professional development and network building
- WHTC Job Fair
We are now hiring eligible immigrants to our Welcome Home to Canada Program Presented by TD Bank. For information on eligibility criteria and how to apply contact your employment counsellor or Ramya Rangalle at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Building and Events Assistant
- Café Assistant
- Education Assistant ( 2 positions )
- Heritage Interpreter
- Junior Graphic Designer
- Junior System Administrator
- Junior Web Developer
- Public Programs Assistant
- Reference Assistant
- Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency
- Brilliance Computer Technologies
- Center for Entrepreneurship Education and Development
- Greater Halifax Partnership
- Halifax Regional Library
- Immigrant Settlement & Integration Services
- MT&L Public Relations Limited
- Mount Saint Vincent University
- Nova Scotia Business Inc.
- Nova Scotia Office of Immigration
- Saint Mary’s University
- TD Bank Group
- Other private & community partners
For more information, please contact
Ramya Rangalle, Human Resource Manager (Tel: 902-425-7770 ext 252).